Baby Bee’s First Reads
Milton Public Library, in collaboration with Halton Healthcare, and Milton Community Resource Centre, is pleased to provide a new program focused at our newest members of the hive! The Baby Bee’s First Reads program provides families with resources tailored for newborns, with the aim of fostering a love for literacy that will endure throughout their lives.
The Baby Bee’s First Reads program will ensure every child born in Milton, from the very beginning of their journey, is welcomed into the world of stories, language, and imagination. It will enable all families to explore the programs, resources, and initiatives specifically tailored for their newborn so that the joy of learning can be instilled from the very start.
As each family leaves Milton District Hospital for home, they will receive a Baby Bee’s First Reads voucher in their discharge package to redeem on their first visit to Milton Public Library. Upon presentation of the voucher at any branch of MPL, families will have access to a free kit which includes:
- Baby’s first Library Card
- A reusable, Baby Bee’s First Reads tote bag
- “Where is Baby’s Belly Button?” book
- Urdu, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi and French books available upon request
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten tracker and growth chart
- Early literacy resources from MPL and MCRC to support growing families
- MPL Children’s book mark
- Bookmark to guide parents to Halton Healthcare’s online Patient and Family Health Information Centre
- Town of Milton walking tracks voucher offering a free trial
Understanding that not all babies are born at the Milton District Hospital, kits will be available for families with newborns who are residents of Milton.
We can’t wait to welcome your new bundle of joy to the hive!
Baby Bee’s First Reads voucher is redeemable at any Milton Public Library branch. Vouchers are not available at the Library. Valid for one kit per baby born at the Milton District Hospital or within the town of Milton. Only valid at the Milton Public Library. Voucher is non-transferable. Milton Public Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen vouchers.