About Milton Public Library
Serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in North America, Milton Public Library (MPL) is a multi-award winning public library focused on innovation and service excellence.
The Library’s updated service delivery model is founded on community-led concepts and partnerships and has been highly effective, to the point that MPL now has the highest rate of active cardholders of any large Canadian Library (68% of residents are active members!). Patrons can visit MPL through three physical branches, Main, Beaty and Sherwood as well as online through beinspired.ca.
MPL empowers the community to Read. Learn. Create. Connect.
Services for you!
Your library card is your key to access a wealth of materials and services. A library card is free to those who live, work or attend school in Milton. Become a member today!
- Borrow books, DVDs, CDs, e-magazines
- Read digital newspapers, pamphlets, maps, government publications
- Access our Online Library 24/7
- Download eBooks and audiobooks
- Use public and wireless Internet
- Attend programs for adults, teens and children
- Discover local history and genealogical information
- Use literacy material and children’s literacy computer stations
- Explore college / university calendars and career materials
- Register for Homebound and Rural Library Services
- Colour and black and white self-service printing ($0.40 for colour and $0.20 for black and white)
- 3D Printing
Library Master Plan Update
In October 2020, Milton Public Library selected Monteith Brown Planning Consultants to work with the Library in the development of the MPL Master Plan Update that would sync with the goals and timelines with the Town of Milton’s Council/Staff Workplan.
The recommendations in the MPL Master Plan Update 2021-2023 address current and future library service needs to ensure Milton Public Library continues to provide the highest quality services and the best value.
The Milton Public Library Board approved the MPL Master Plan Update 2021-2023 at the January 2021 board meeting.
Additional Project Information