Fall 2023 Adult Book Clubs
Fall Book Clubs are here at Milton Public Library! Please register for access to the program. You will receive an invitation with sign in details on the day of the program. A Milton Public Library card is required for registration.
Beaty Virtual Book Club
- Tuesday, October 17 at 7:00PM: Story of Us by Catherine Hernandez
- Tuesday, November 14 at 7:00PM: In the Upper Country by Kai Thomas
- Tuesday, December 12 at 7:00PM: Yellowface by R. F Kuang
Cook the Book Club
- Thursday, September 21 at 7:00PM: Win Son Presents a Taiwanese American Cookbook- https://www.hoopladigital.com/play/15681832
- Thursday, October 19 at 7:00PM: The Plant Love Kitchen- https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15880128
- Thursday, November 23 at 7:00PM: The Homestead-to-Table Cookbook- https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/16087684
- Thursday, December 14th, 2023 7pm-8pm – Baking Magic: Awaken your Inner Pastry Chef (2022) – https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/15767717
Main Book Club
- Tuesday, October 17 at 7:00PM: Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- Tuesday, November 14 at 7:00PM: Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley
- Tuesday, December 12 at 7:00PM: The Story of US by Catherine Hernandez
Mindfulness Book Club
- Monday, September 25 at 7:00PM: Beginning Mindfulness by Andrew Weiss
- Monday, October 30 at 7:00PM: Five Good Minutes of Mindfulness by Jeffery Brantley & Wendy Millstine
- Monday, November 27 at 7:00PM: One-Minute Mindfulness by Donald Altman
Sherwood Book Club
- Wednesday, October 25 at 7:00PM: Yellowface by R. F Kuang
- Thursday, November 30 at 7:00PM: Biography of X by Catherine Lacey
- Thursday, December 21 at 7:00PM: Bandit Queens by Parini Shroff
Urdu Book Club
- Tuesday, October 17 at 7:00PM
- Tuesday, November 7 at 7:00PM
- Tuesday, December 12 at 7:00PM
Book club kits are to be borrowed as a set, checked out on one card, and can be picked up and returned to Main library only. You will receive an email when your book club kit is ready to be picked up. They are not renewable.
To reserve a MPL Book Club Kit using the Kit Keeper software, please click here.
Book Club Kits for your book club can be borrowed all year long! Get 10 copies of a title and a leader’s guide for a loan period of up to six weeks.
Reservations may be made in advance (up to one year), and MPL Book Club Kits can be borrowed for six weeks, so please ensure you schedule a pickup date a few days before your book club meeting. This allows time for book distribution, reading, discussion, and returning the entire kit to the library.
If MPL’s Book Club Kit reservation system is not allowing you to place a kit on hold, it may be because that kit is already on reserve for someone else during all or part of your requested reservation period. Please note that you must reserve a kit at least three days in advance to allow time for processing of kits. Same day or next day reservations are not allowed.
To see what Book Club Kits you have reserved, click on the “My Kits” link on the main page. You will be prompted to enter your library card barcode and PIN. Click the “Submit” button. At the Milton Public Library card verification screen, click the “Continue” button. You will see a list of your reservations. From this list, you can click on the “Show” button to see the details of each reservation.
Any Milton Public Library patron with an account in good standing can place a reservation on any available Book Club Kit(s). The entire kit must go out with the patron who has placed the reservation. MPL encourages book clubs to contact the library and create a book club card specifically for this purpose.
In support of book clubs, Milton Public Library offers our patrons access to Book Club Kits, available to borrow from Main branch. We use the reservation software “Kit Keeper” for book club kit reservations. Each kit contains 10 copies of the book, and leader discussion questions. All of our kits come in a MPL canvas bag for ease of transport.