Computers, Microfilms and Printing Services
Borrow Laptops/MacBooks (Sherwood Branch and Beaty Branch)
- Laptops/MacBooks are for in-Library use only
- Laptops/MacBooks may be borrowed for the entire day during the opening hours
- You can connect to the library’s wifi to access the Internet
- Bring your own flash drive to save your files
- Printing is available
Public Access Computers (Main)
- The Main Library and Beaty Branch are equipped with public access computers. All PACs offer internet and e-mail access, word processing, and printing.
- In addition, the Main Library has Children’s Early Literacy Computer Stations for the kids.
- A library card is required to log in to the computers
The Milton Public Library’s Wi-Fi service is open to all library visitors, free of charge. You will need a wireless-enabled laptop computer, tablet PC, Reader, or another wireless-enabled device to use it.
To log on to the service:
- Turn on / restart your WiFi-enabled device
- Connect to the wireless SSID/network “Milton_Public_Wifi”
- Once connected, start your web browser
- Review the Library’s Public Internet Access Policy and accept the policy to connect
- Wireless service will be available to users in the Library during open hours.
- All users of this service are bound by the terms of the Library’s Public Internet Access Policy and the Library reserves the right to terminate a connection at any time without further notice if the policy is violated
- It is the responsibility of library users to configure their laptop or another device to access the wireless service
- A wireless hotspot is not a secured network environment. Keep this in mind if you are accessing confidential personal or business information
Milton Public Library offers wireless printing. You can email to print or print from your own devices.
Email to Print:
Email your documents as an attachment to:
- email@example.com for Black & White prints ($0.20 / page)
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Colour prints ($0.40 / page)
Supported attachment formats are: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, PDF and most image formats. Please note that due to security reasons, files that use macros are not allowed. If you want to print a Word or Excel document that uses macros, you will need to convert it to PDF format first. Library staff can assist you with this.
Print From Your Own Device:
You can Setup your device to print when connected to our Wifi. Supported devices include Android, Chrome OS, iOs, macOS, and Windows.Choose between:
- black_and_white_mobile_printer ($0.20 / page)
- colour_mobile_printer ($0.40 / page)
When prompted enter:
Username: guest; Password: guest
Supported formats include:
- PDF and most picture formats
Pick up your print job:
Visit our “Public Services” desk at either Main Library or Beaty Branch to pay and a staff member will release your document(s).
Please note: Documents sent for printing will be held for 4 hours after which time they will be automatically deleted if not claimed.
Milton Public Library’s 3D Printer is a MakerBot Replicator+ and it is located at the Main Library. The MakerBot 3D Printer uses a PLA Filament, a non-toxic plastic that is derived from plants.
- One machine is available at the Main Library for viewing microfilm and microfiche.
- Bring your own microfilm or inter-library loan in reels or fiche to view on-site or browse our collection.
- Please call to book the microfilm / microfiche reader. You can book the machine for a 2 hour time slot up to 3 days in advance. To book the machine, please call 905-875-2665 extension 3263.