Milton Public Library supports lifelong learning and is happy to help you meet your educational goals.
MPL offers exam proctoring for a fee of $40 + HST based on availability and staffing. It is not possible to request a specific person or location. An available staff member will check on students periodically, but we currently do not invigilate any exam. Please ensure your educational institution is supportive of MPL’s approach. MPL is also offering exam space for students who are writing remote exams facilitated by external proctors for a fee of $40 + HST based on availability.
- A minimum of ten (10) days’ notice is required. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.
- A Milton Public Library card in good standing and one additional piece of valid photo identification is required.
- Students must arrive 15 minutes prior to writing an exam and pay their proctoring fee and complete any pre-exam procedures or paperwork. Scheduled exam times will NOT be extended past the allotted exam time due to late arrival of student.
- Proctoring service available Monday-Thursday and Saturday (A.M.) at specific times. We are unable to accommodate exams longer than three hours.
- Students will not be allowed to bring personal belongings into the exam area beyond what is stipulated on their exam guidelines.
- The library is not able to guarantee a distraction-free setting.
- 48 hours notice is required to reschedule* an exam (*subject to availability). A $5.00 rescheduling fee will apply in addition to the exam-proctoring fee. No shows without advance cancellation will forfeit future booking privileges.
- The library will mail completed exams in a timely manner, however, it is not responsible for completed exams that do not reach the educational institution by the deadline date.
- Students are responsible for providing an appropriately sized self-addressed postage-paid return envelope if it is not provided by their educational institution.
- Students must provide their own laptops per institution approval.
- It is the responsibility of the students to install the proper software on their computer prior to writing the exam.
- The library is unable to offer any technical support for issues arising with online exams.
- The library is not responsible for unforeseen interruptions of the test due to loss of power, internet service, or other computer problems.